Welcome to the Fighting Eagle Band Website
Mr. Bryan Anders, Band Director
Contact Me: email@example.com 830 868 9025 x3401
A Little About Me:
Bryan Anders received his degree in Music Education at Southwest Texas State University in 2001. His student teaching requirements were fulfilled here at JCISD in the psring of that same year. He was a teacher at Hyde Park Baptist Schools in Austin from 2003-2007 where he was director of instrumental music, asistant choir director and taught general music for grades K-6.
For the past sixteen years, Mr. Anders has been at JCISD as head band director for the high school and middle school as well as teaching music for grade levels three and four. He has been an active music educator, private lesson instructor, performer, composer/arranger in the Texas Hill Country area since 1997. He enjoys spending his free time with his wife Carrie, twin daughters Kaitlin and Madison, and his son Jacob.
Band Calendar 2019-2021
August 2: 8am-Noon Colorguard; 1-5pm All Woodwinds
August 3: 8am-Noon All Drums; 1-5pm All Brass
August 4: 8am-Noon Colorguard; 1-5pm All Woodwinds
August 5: 8am-Noon All Drums; 1-5pm All Brass
August 6: All band students meet from 8-Noon. There will be a lunch provided for the kids.
Afterwards, there is a mandatory parent/student meeting from 1-2pm in the HS commons. We will discuss some general info about Disney: cost per person, general trip information, fundraising options, and fundraising/financial accountability for both parents and students, as well as the plan for the car wash and BCFRA concession stand.
- Tuesday, August 17th - Full band practice; 6-9pm (dinner provided by band boosters).
- Thursday, August 19th - Full band practice; 6-9pm (dinner provided by band boosters).
- Band Car Wash @ Super S - Saturday, August 14th. More details at the parent meeting.
- Regular Tuesday night band practice starts on Tuesday, August 24th and runs until the last marching contest is over. (NOTE: There will be no practice on the night before school starts, which is Tuesday, August 17th.)
- BCFRA Parade: Meet at the middle school band hall at 9am. Parade starts at 10am. More details at the parent meeting.
- BCFRA concession stand at the fairgrounds. More details at the parent meeting.
Jazz Contest Schedule: Saturday, September 18th – UIL region jazz – LBJ Johnson City HS
Marching Contest Schedule:
- Saturday, September 25th – Hill Country Marching Festival - Fredericksburg HS
- Saturday, October 9 - God’s Country Marching Festival – Hondo, 2603 Ave H. 78861
- Saturday, October 16 - UIL Region Marching Contest - San Antonio - Venue TBA
- Saturday, October 30 - UIL Area Marching Contest - San Antonio - Venue TBA
- UIL State Marching Contest - Alamo Dome San Antonio - November 7, 8 and 9 - TBA
Region, Area and State Band Schedule:
- Sept 21 – Region Jazz Auditions @ Johnson City
- Nov 9 - Middle School Region Band Auditions @ Burnet
- Nov 14 – High School Region Jazz Practice – Fredericksburg
- Nov 16 – Middle School Region Clinic/Concert
- Dec 7 – High School Region Band Auditions @ Fredericksburg
- Jan 11 – Area Band Auditions @ Robinson HS (Pflugerville)
- Jan 17 and 18 – HS Region Band Clinic and Concert @ Burnet
- Feb 12-15 – State Band Auditions @ San Antonio
- Feb – HS UIL Solo and Ensemble – @ JC - date TBD
- May – Texas State Solo and Ensemble Contest - TBD
Concert and Sight Reading Schedule:
- MS UIL CSR contest – Boerne HS – April date TBD
- HS UIL CSR contest – Boerne HS – April date TBD
- Friday, Nov 8 – BAND NIGHT
- All bands in grades 5-12 will perform at halftime
- May – end of year band trips TBD (5th grade band, MS band)
- 2019 HS band trip TBD (before January 2020)
- Fall and Spring band concert dates TBA