Pre-K Enrollment Guidelines & Registration Information
Pre-K Enrollment Guidelines:
On Monday, April 12th, the JCISD School Board voted to open a full day Pre-K Program regardless of 15 qualfiying students. What does this mean for you?
- If your child qualifies for full day Pre-K they will be able to attend LBJ Elementary in the Fall of 2021. (click here to learn about the qualifications for Pre-K)
- If your child doesn't qualify for full day Pre-K they might still be able to attend LBJ Elementary, you will be notified by the first week in August if they can attend.
- Here's why:
JCISD will offer a full day Pre-K program, but we are obligated to serve all qualifying students first and foremost. The Pre-K Class will have 22 open slots. The slots will be filled in the following order:
- First: Qualifying students
- Then: Non-qualifying students to fill the available spaces, these students will be called in the order of their pre-registration submission. If you are interested in Pre-K please fill out the pre-registration form, even if you don't qualify, as this will serve as our tracking log for first come first serve.
- Here's why:
Pre-K Round Up Information:
You may print these documents to bring with you to Pre-K Round Up on April 22nd. Round Up will be from 4:30-6:00 PM as a come and go event. These documents alone do not enroll your child, you will need to attend the Round Up event to turn in the other documentation listed below:
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Child's Social Security Card
- Copy of Parent ID
- Update shot record or notarized immunization waiver
- Proof of Residence (utility bill, lease agreement, or tax statement with physical property address)